PL/I front-end for GNU Compiler Collection
|pl1gcc news||February 23rd, 2005
PL/I for GCC is released under the GNU Public License; version 2.
Version 0.0.9 marks yet another milestone for the PL/I front-end project,
because a much larger subset of the PL/I language can now be parsed
using only flex and bison.
If you are testing the PL/I compiler, please inform us about any syntax errors
that might occur. It suffers to send the offending line of code.
Changes in v0.0.9:
- Added preliminary syntax diagrams, thanks to ebnf2ps and latex2html
- Setup a newsgroup email@example.com
- Fixed syntax error in YYLLOC_DEFAULT macro
- Use the gcc-4.0-core snapshot
- Revised the DECLARE statement
- Unification of signal-conditions and on-conditions
- Allow '*' as filler/padding in structure
- List of condition commalist for ON and REVERT statements
- Allow '_' and ' ' in numeric constants for improved readability
Fixed syntax in v0.0.9:
- DEFINE ALIAS
- DEFINE ORDINAL
- DEFINE STRUCTURE
- DO LOOP;
- DO FOREVER;
- UPTHRU / DOWNTHRU
- B3 Octal constants
- XN hex signed
- XU hex unsigned
- M mixed
- WX wide hex
- S/D/Q number constants
- Numeric binary constants, eg x = 0110b;
- Use doublequotes '"' for strings along with single quotes "'"
- +=, -=, *=, /=
- |=, &=, ||=, **=
Attributes on declare statement
- SIGNED / UNSIGNED
For a complete changelog look in the README file.
What is pl1gcc ?
The pl1gcc project is an attempt to create a native PL/I compiler using
the GNU Compiler Collection. The project is looking for more people to
join the development and testing. If you want to see a free PL/I compiler
please do contact us and join the fun.
© 2002, 2003-2005 Henrik Sorensen.
Last modified February 23rd, 2005.